Selecting correct DevCad Products

« Older   Newer »

1.     Like  

Group

Status
    I have been using DevWingFoam and DevFusFoam for several years to design and cut vacuum bagged wings and fuselages from foam and have been very happy with the two products. I am now planning to buy a 3D printer to allow me to print molds for wings and fuselages.

I plan to buy DevWingMold and DevFusMold to design the wings and fuse molds. As the mold is larger than the 3d printer I will be buying I plan to split the molds up into smaller sections that can be printed on the 3d printer.

Question1 - I have downloaded free trials of DevWingMold and DevFusMold and noticed that they did not allow me to add location features to the molds to align and connect the mold sections together after printing. Do I also need to buy DevCadLe to complete to add location features.

Question 2 - Can I import a "Step" file into DevFusMold or DevCadLe? I have seen a plane I would like to build where the 3b model is available on "GrabCad" as a "Step" file

Regards

Ian

2.     Like  

Guru

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Question 1: my Mold applications are engineered for carbon or fiberglass mold and plugs building. You can also use them as a starting point to create your 3D printed project.
    But, as the created STL file only describes the external surface, you must add all the internal structures, the infill and so on. I think that location finders are the latest of your problem here...

Question 2: No

1 replies since 6/4/2023, 10:16   89 views