Devfoam Question cutting text

« Older   Newer »

1. Sheck

User deleted

New to Devfoam but not cnc. When I draw letter that's 8" tall by 6" wide the letter is ct out by Mach3 half the size. All setting are set to inches in Devfoam and Mach3. Scaling is set to 1. Any ideas on why the size difference? Devfoam is creating the 4axis g code so I assume it's with the software somewhere.

2.     Like  

Guru

Group
    Administrator

Status
    May be the problem is in the step/mm settings of Mach3, such a bug difference make me think this can be the cause.
    Or You must consider that the font size is not referred to the Height of the letter, but just a parameter the font designer inserted.
    So you can see different real heights of the final letters when you change the font. This also on the screen when you use a text editor.
    If you want a precise height You can correct that using the included Scale factor.
    You can verify that measuring the font height in the 2D preview

Edited by duroneee - 8/2/2017, 13:19

3. Sacramento

User deleted

I have a similar problem. I set the height of the font as 150 mm and I get a cutted font with 115 mm. Settings on Mach 3 are correct, so I think this is a bug of the software, because if I increase the value of the font to 205mm I get a cutted font of 150mm .
    If that indication of the font size is not correct why the hell is it there?

4.     Like  

Guru

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Every font uses a different way to conside its own letter (capitalized? with downward extensions? and so on) so you must check it in devFoam before cutting and eventually correct/scale it.
    The indication in the font is included as most time (think to printed paper) the precision is not so important, but you want to set a text height

3 replies since 7/2/2017, 21:28   680 views