Spar/lightening cutouts in foam panel, kerf calculation

« Older   Newer »

1. Haegar

Group

Status
    QUOTE (duroneee @ 20/5/2014, 18:19) 
    I assume you are speaking of hot wire CNC foam cutting here.

Yes.

1) Profili Pro can only cut well NOT full size spars with hot wire CNC. You can cut full size spar at a later stage, if you like with just 2 manual vertica cuts

Understood, thank you. Not happy with this, but it's okay for an add on the the "swiss knife multitool" ProfiliPro.

When it comes to more professional software, you mentioned somewhere that some sort of "DevWingFoam" is under development. Any release date in sight? I'd like to know this before considering to procure software from other suppliers. I generally like your software and would prefer to stick to the DevXXX series. I'm not yet in a rush and can wait for a couple of month. Any idea?

2) What you see is probably the out of wing panel movement to keep the cutting synchronized. Understanding it and why it happens need some knowledge about foam curring cnc strategy

I'll have a closer look at it.

3) For CNC foam cutting the wire diameter is not important, but only the root and tip kerfs. These can be different for high tapered wings.

Thank you. Is a bit confusing that the user is required to insert a wire diameter value, although obviously not used. But is understood and can be handled.

Anyhow, thank you for your quick response.

Stefan

6 replies since 20/5/2014, 14:08   360 views